Drug rehabilitation could be the number one option for people who are currently addicted to certain drugs but cannot get out. And once you had done with the rehabilitation, how long will it last? Other than that, this comes from the heart of each patient. So, no matter how hard the expert try to “bath” you so you would sober, it will be more likely failed if you do not want to be sober anyway. Well, you need to recover. And of course you need the steps and the tips. Do not worry because changes are possible and as long as you have the intention to do that then you will be able to do that.
Decide to make a change
The first step is always being the hardest one, no matter what the situation is. And for people that are formerly a drug addict, having the intention to make a change is really tough. Uncertain and confuse could be normal for everyone. But in this case, if you do not make a choice then you will never start, at all. So, if you want to commit the sobriety then it will involve several things such as:
- How you deal with your stress
- People and things that are allowed to step in in your life
- The activities you do in spare time
- The way you think about yourself
First of all you will feel conflicted and think that everything is not fair. Well, unfortunately there is no fair thing in life. Drug could be the best rebound and runaway for you but you should give up on it. It gives bad vibes for your health, your mind, your brain, and people around you. So, the first thing you have to do is deciding to make a change. And if you are ready then you can do it.
Thinking about the changes
When you decide to make a change, there are several points you should notice or take a note, such as:
- The way you use the drug. It includes how much and when you use it. It will give you other insight about how addiction plays role in your life.
- Make a list of pros and cons by giving up the drug as well as the pros and cons if you still use it.
- Think about the important things around you such as your family, children, partner, pets, you career, your health, and many more. How does drug affect those all?
- Ask someone that you trust in their opinion about you using drugs.
- Ask yourself about anything that could prevent you make a change.
Reach out for support
Well, addiction cannot be cured or there is not treatment that can cure you from addiction. It comes from you and for you too. So, if you are going to make a change and you do not want to be alone then you can reach out for support from the close friends, family, partner, and many more. You also have to stay in sober-circle after you are out from drug rehabilitation.